Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 207

Thread: JIB vs. Pound

  1. #71
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    While it doesn't happen in "every game" you do make a good point. It shouldn't happen.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  2. #72
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    Sat Morn QB is right, every game I played in when Burton played either Kelly or Pound when I was in HS, youd always hear at least 1 person from either of those schools being racists.(I played Basketball, not football)

    Look guys, I expect some schools to be racist, and I expect Burton to talk trash. Fine and dandy, whatever, its going to happen, it always has. But we dont need the fighting crap after the game.

    And for what its worth, I agree with Mox, the refs were terrible.

  3. #73
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    I can't stand to hear the N word myself. But I wonder why African American's call one another this and it is fine. I mean that is all that I hear come out of their own mouths, in public, on T.V. everywhere actually. But one white person says it and then it ia a big deal. I don't use that word, and I think it is very disrespectful. So why do they themselves call one another this? I would say these football players hear alot of name calling from little league and on up. That coming from all races.

  4. #74
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    I can assure you if I had hear the N word it would not have just been a flag it would have been an ejection. I do not put up with a lot of mouth and I do not feel that high school kids should be acting like TO and others who play on Sunday's. These are kids and we are there to teach them respect for themselves and others. I teach in Wise County and see why some of these kids do not have a chance because some parents just do not care. We need to be an example of true sportsmanship not trashtalk. This is a game for kids to learn and have fun with. There is way too much emphasis on winning today instead of emphasising the important things like respect and dignity. It is become a lost part of the game.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  5. #75
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    Loosely speaking, When a black person calls another black person the N word, they are basically saying "man" or "dude"

    but when a white person calls a black person the N word, its precieved as a racial slur.

    Not to mention when white people say it, they add the "e-r" to the end of it lol.

    You learn all kinds of stuff too when you are friends with black people long enough. Black people would rather just be called the N word than be called colored. Whoever came up with the term "colored" in the old south sure knew how to piss black people off. Many white folks in this area dont realize it either because they dont mean nothing by it and just use that term because its a term used in the past. "colored" is a very bad word to black folks.

  6. #76
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    And UK dont take that personal about me thinking the refs sucked. Youre a nice guy on here, I just didnt like the refing and thats my opinion. I know its difficult to be a ref so dont think Im knocking you as a person or even knocking you as a ref. Maybe you do better some nights than others. Its easy to miss some things.

  7. #77
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    Let's not be stereotyping guys. For years I have heard folks dragging race into this, and schools like Kelly and Pound are just assumed that this is the whole rather than the individual. Racism goes both ways-always has, always will. Ignorance and intolerance have plagued this area for decades, and sadly is passed from generation to generation. I grew up hearing the N word on a daily basis. I thought it was an ugly word, and I also decided that I would pick my friends by what and who they were, not the color of their skin.
    Let's use this example: My nephew is a member of the Franklin County High School Eagle football team from Rocky Mount, Va (had to clarify because folks get them confused with Group A champ Franklin). As he was leaving the field in Lynchburg a few weeks ago after a game with E.C. Glass, he and other white members of the FC squad were verbally accosted by Glass fans calling them crackers, honkies...etc.
    Sadly in this world if I stand up and say "I am proud to be white", I am immediately tabbed a racist. Were I black, I would also say "I am proud to be black". Heritage and culture are who we are. Learning to accept these differences, and being good to each other is the key to peace around the world. Sadly mankind is a malicious creature, and we'll never see that. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  8. #78
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    Black or White, has nothing to do with it. I've seen all white teams do the same garbage. Maybe the coaches are the biggest problems. You think Turner, Cummins or Frye would've allowed such nonsense?

  9. #79
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    when I played we were not allowed to do anything in the endzone. you had to hand the ball to the official and go to the sidelines. no dancing, no spiking the ball, no tossing the ball in the air, no anything. That is just the way it was.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  10. #80
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: JIB vs. Pound

    Believe it or not. That's still the rule. You wouldn't think so some times though.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •